Find us on Google+ A Turning Point.... ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

November 13, 2009

A Turning Point....



I wanted to thank everyone for all their kind words, thoughts, and prayers.  Last night was the first night that they slept through the night, and didn't want any pain meds!  I still had to give them some though, about a half dose, just to keep it in their systems.  They are looking more like themselves though.  Laughing and playing and eating once again.  As you can see from the picture their beautiful little smiles are back.  The dogs however are still a little depressed that they can't yet play with them.  My Boon, the English Mastiff hasn't left their sides since they came home. He patiently waits outside their bedroom door. 

I woke this morning at 8am, and nearly jumped out of my skin, to rush into their rooms, to make sure everything was okay.  Sure enough, it was like a switch. 

Their doctor, Dr. Michael G Ehrlich, is an amazing man, and with 42 years of experience, he knows children's feet like no other doctor.  He has worked wonders on them, and was spot on when he said that by Friday, we would see a turn around.  I wouldn't trust their feet to any other doctor!
Thank you Dr. Ehrlich!  I owe you a million Thank you's! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

hotmama0609 November 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Its really good to hear they are doing better! I just wanted to say I'll continue to pray for their fast recovery and thanks so much for having such an awesome site.

Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I have heard about Dr. Ehrlich, and is supposedly one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the country!

Marcie November 14, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

I am happy to hear this report. Since you heard from me last, I became a new granny to a beautiful little girl. My daughter is doing well but like yours, on pain meds and doing some suffering. I told her today that the human body was amazing. I told her that as if by magic, she'd just suddenly feel like almost nothing happened and she wouldn't remember the pain when she held that baby in her arms in a week.

She'll be coming home on Monday if she continues to improve. Baby is gorgeous and doing well. Now I am in your shoes --- running for 3.

Hang in because you are suddenly not alone. :)

Ginger

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest