Find us on Google+ The Mammography ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

October 20, 2011

The Mammography


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  A subject that's very close to my own heart.  It's prevalent in my own family. 

I am 36 years old, and can honestly say that, even with several diagnosed cases within my family, I have been putting off getting that "Baseline" mammogram for the last few years.  I do understand the importance of getting this done, and about a week ago, I bit the bullet, and got my very first mammogram done.  (With some major nudging from my husband.)

I think my biggest fear was the "What if they find something?"  I had it in my mind that if I didn't know, it didn't exist.  

I do have to say "Thank you." to the incredible staff at the Kent Imaging Center located at the local hospital, for putting my nerves to rest while I was getting this done.  They were just so great, and compassionate. 

For those of you that have not yet had your first mammogram, or have been putting it off, for fear of the unknown, like I was, I am writing this post to let you know, it's a procedure that can save your life, and literally takes 10 minutes out of your day.

I received this in the mail just yesterday...


So make October, not only Breast Cancer Awareness month, but the month that you schedule your mammogram. 








1 comments:

Amanda October 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Just scheduled mine! Thanks!

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest