Find us on Google+ Trying to Move Forward ~ Fire Update (3/2) ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

March 02, 2012

Trying to Move Forward ~ Fire Update (3/2)


So we have been in the trailer now for a little over a week, today marks 2 weeks to the day of our second house fire, and we are all still trying to cope with the loss of our 2 four legged boys, and one of our cats.  Going from a 3000 plus square foot home to a 500 square foot trailer, is taking a lot of getting used to.  The words "sorry" are thrown about hourly, as someone is constantly bumping into someone else. 

Unfortunately, we have been through this before, and although it was devastating, we didn't lose any pets in the first fire.  The first fire really taught us about the value of material items, and that pretty much everything can be replaced, and I often think that, maybe it had happened to teach us exactly that. 

This fire.  I don't know what it was or is supposed to teach us.   I have always been a believer that "Everything happens for a reason." and I just cannot wrap my head around this one.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I do not have my boys here with me.  The quietness of each morning without them has been deafening.  To walk down the hallway in the morning and not have 2 dogs basically up my butt is uncomprehendable.

I am at a loss.  While I am deeply saddened by losing the three animals, I am most saddened by losing my Boon.  By no means am I discounting anyone's relationship with a pet, and I have had many different pets growing up and in my adulthood and loved every single one of them; however, there is a special bond with a Mastiff, and unless you have owned  one has owned you,  it is difficult to describe.  When people speak of their human-like traits,  guilt complexes, and their big mushy smiles, you really don't fully understand unless you have experienced the "Mastiff Experience" first hand. 

Through all of this, my daughters came home from school yesterday, with some papers.  They were both nominated for the National Junior Honor Society, and we couldn't be more proud of them.  They are the reason my husband and I continue to move forward each day, and try to once again rebuild our lives from the ground, up.  For a second time.

And....  After talking with my husband, we both know that our house is not, and will not be a home without another one of those goofy Mastiff faces running around it, enlightening all our lives, which is why, once we are able to move back into the house in several months, we will be looking for....

TWO new Mastiff additions.  (Because they are like potato chips, you can't have just one!) 


and yes, just thinking about what it will be like, has given us something to look forward to, and begin to once again smile.

4 comments:

Tammy March 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

What a great thing to look forward to! :)

Adaptable Kay March 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM  

You guys have such big hearts and I know you'll get through this! Just the fact that you're already thinking about two new additions shows that things will be okay. And congratulations to both of your daughters for their achievements! I can definitely see why you're all so proud :)

Anonymous March 3, 2012 at 6:03 AM  

I just wanted to say that I have been following your blog for years, and was so sorry to hear about this second fire. I can't imagine what this has been like for you and your family. I look forward to seeing the "Little" additions when they arrive! and as always I'll be following you through your long journey of rebuilding. Will you be doing the same colors and styles as you did before?

Christy March 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM  

I know exactly what you mean about the Mastiff experience because pugs are the same way. I never understood until I got one and I'll never be the same. Once you have those 2 new mooshy faces in your lives you'll begin to heal the unspeakable loss. Congratulations to your daughters- you must be so proud, as all your readers are of you for doing your best to take this tragedy in stride and still continue to think of others in this terrible time. We are all here for you!

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest