Find us on Google+ The Most Raved About Appetizer! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

January 03, 2013

The Most Raved About Appetizer!

 
 
Crispy.  Bite-sized. Bacon.
 
Each year, I try to do something new and different with bacon.  Thanksgiving brought Maple Bacon Cupcakes. Last year brought Chocolate Covered Bacon Strips.
 
This past Christmas brought something simple.  Bite-sized pieces of thick cut bacon. 
 
I thought it would be a hit, I just didn't realize just how big a hit this would be.  2 pounds of bacon went in less than a single hour. 
 
I got the idea for this when one night my husband and I were watching a television show about bacon.  There is a bar in Baltimore Maryland called "Bad Decisions", that offer "Beer & Bacon" night, which during the course of the night big huge bowls of cooked bacon are passed around, like bowls of peanuts. 
 
There's really nothing to this.  Simply cut the bacon into bite sized pieces, and place into a frying pan.  Once it is cooked, drain and serve. 
 
 

0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest