Find us on Google+ Tips 2 Try Tuesday! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

October 13, 2009

Tips 2 Try Tuesday!



Okay as you can see, I still haven't found a good image for this weekly post.  But then again, I didn't spend too much time looking this past week.  It's been both busy and hectic.  Maybe I'll be able to find a little time this week.  The Tips 2 Try post was a major success, so I will be posting this each and every week.  If you need to find a previous post, you can simply click on the "tips 2 try" in the linkbar.  Here are this week's tips 2 try!

Bathroom Tips:

♦ Do you have a little rust on some bathroom tiles?  Dab a work cloth with Kerosene, and rub onto the affected areas.  This should remove any rust stains on tiles easily!

♦ Do you have other areas in the bathroom that are affected by rust?  Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and cream of tartar over the rusted area, and add a few drops of ammonia.  Spread onto the affected areas and let stand or 2 or 3 hours.  Wipe off!  That's it.

♦ Want to PREVENT mildew on your shower curtains?  When you buy a new shower curtain, before you hang it, soak in a salt water solution for about 30 minutes to prevent mildew from even forming!  Re soak shower curtain every few months.

♦ Lighter fluid will remove the really stubborn dark stains from your bathtub and sink

♦ Ceramic tiles dull?  Get them shining like new again by rubbing a car wax onto them, let stand 10 mintues, and buff!

♦ Don't like paying the price for those sponges with the scrubbie pads on one side?  Start buying the cheap sponges, and save your old nylon stockings!  Simply place a sponge into an old stocking, tie end, and cut off excess.  Scrubs without scratching! 


Like my site? Want more? Head over to the right side bar and subscribe today! Never miss another bargain again!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Deb ~ Frugal Living And Having Fun October 13, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

brandy, do you link this up to anything? If not, maybe I'll start a Tip Tuesday, as I've been doing Frugal Tips and Tricks but don't want to start a linky if someone else is already doing one. Please let me know, and congrats on your successful day yesterday...I received a call from Marcal today!! I'll know by this coming Thursday if I got the deal or not, they said they were very impressed with both the blog and the phone interview...I will get a started kit with coupons, and so will one reader. Because I know the brand and the company philosophy this was a NO BRAINIER to talk to her. She had some pretty hard questions..as though she was trying to see if I did my homework before contacting her...I passed with flying colors!! I hope I get the deal, because It would be a giveaway without coming out of my pocket!! "YES" I also got in with a deal from a personal friend/reader for Usbourne books and will be trying to contact someone who makes homemade bow for girls later today. I am trying to be creative with giveaways now, because as I say....linkies, linkies, linkies...call me this evening so we can compare notes. we should have a ten minute powwow every night on our findings...what do you think?? Deb

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest