Find us on Google+ How'd You Coupon for Community? ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

May 09, 2010

How'd You Coupon for Community?


As Coupon for Community came to ean end, I was proud to say that we were able to help out, not only because I am a frugal shopper, and a couponer, but also because all of you!  Everyone who helped us to rebuild my coupon stash after our house fire.  It was because of that, that we too were able to help out, and fill several bags with food, such as canned goods, and side dishes, and several bags of health and beauty items. 

I thought for sure that it would take me months to rebuild our stockpile of items, but because of all the wonderful couponers out there, we have been able to not only begin to grow our stockpile but also to take part in Kaley's Coupon for Community week long event!  I only wish I had remembered to borrow my friends camera for some pictures.  Here's what was donated:

6 blood glucose monitors, (This was one of the few items that were not damaged by the fire or the flood! )
12 bags of Knorr Pasta Sides cost - $2.29
10 Cans of Corn cost - $3.00
10 Cans of Carrots cost - $3.00
4 Boxes of Cereal cost - FREE
2 Boxes of Rice cost - FREE
8 Cans of Tomato Sauce cost - $1.49
3 Packages of Feminine Pads cost - FREE
2 Packages of Tampons cost $1.98
4 Toothbrushes cost - FREE
4 Tubs of Toothpaste cost - FREE
8 Mens Deodorant cost - FREE
3 Body Washes cost - 57¢ each
6 Reach Floss cost - FREE

All of these items came to a whopping $12.33!  Which leads me to believe that those of us who shop with coupons and stack with great sales, should and could be doing this on a regular basis.  I was amazed at how much we were able to drop off at our local food bank! 

How'd you do?  You can head on over to Facebook, and let everyone know what you did on Kaley's Coupon for Community page

0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest