Find us on Google+ To Blog or Not To Blog... ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

August 31, 2010

To Blog or Not To Blog...


I don't exactly know where to start with this post, so I'm just going to start with....

I have been blogging now for almost two years now.  It's been fun, exciting, and a love of mine since I first started.  Now before you might jump to conclusions, I am in no way stopping blogging anytime soon.  However I have a few things that I have been faced with lately, and figured here was the best place to vent a little. 

Since I started blogging I have encountered some other wonderful bloggers, some who have helped me out tremendously, especially when I first started.  They helped me out so much so, that I, myself have paid it forward and helped other newbie bloggers that have asked for my help. 

Recently though I have been confronted with the infamous "mean" blogger, who without naming names, because that's just not me, really got me flustered.  And lately, it's not just a single blogger who seem to "have it in for me" it's a few of them.  I have received rude emails, and condesending remarks, and am now wondering if there are other bloggers out there who have experienced the same thing?  Is there some club out there that has formed that I don't know about?  I have also noticed that my emails go unanswered and unacknowledged recently as well among some bloggers. 

I am not going to let these few bad apples stop me from doing what I love doing.  I will continue to blog, and turn the other cheek. I will also continue to help those who ask for my help.  I have come to the conclusion that these bloggers are just either jealous, or just plain rude.  I am certain that when I publish this post, I will get a flood of emails as well!  Have you experienced a situation like this?  If so, what did you do?

2 comments:

LJD August 31, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

I used to write a blog that was a compilation of short semi-erotic stories, and I sometimes got that reaction as well. It was years ago, but even now I can remember some of the annoying, and hurtful, remarks people made.

Now there's entire blogs devoted to bashing people and pointing out errors and failures. It's a part of our culture to tear people down. That's a sad reality.

Anyhow, the important thing to remember is that people who spend their energies tearing others down aren't people who have energy for fun things (like sexy time with spouses, blowing bubbles with their kids, or working towards positive life goals). So, you've got the advantage over them in every way.

Thrifty is Nifty September 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Yep, I do know how you feel and my advice is just to ignore it and move forward. I found that if you let it bother you then it will impact on how you feel overall about your blog and it will no longer be something that is enjoyable. There will always be those out there who for whatever reason like to be hurtful to others. Like the mean girls back in highschool...LOL, I am having flashbacks now. Keep your head up and don't ever let them see you sweat girl and most important don't let them take your joy.

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest