Find us on Google+ Christmas Decorating On A Budget ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

November 29, 2010

Christmas Decorating On A Budget

In only a few moments our home literally went up in smoke back in March of this year. In an earlier post, I told you about my ordeal with our Christmas decorations. All of them, gone, by smoke damage. Our First Christmas Ornament, ornaments my mother had made us, ornaments that my girls have received over the years. I was sick. My girls were sick. Christmas is one of the only holidays that I enjoy decorating for. I had bins and bins of decorations that I had amassed over the last 12 years. So when I had to run out at 10 o'clock the other night with girls in tow, to try and salvage a little of what was supposed to be a family tradition of a night of decorating, I knew that I wouldn't have the time to comparison shop.

Luckily, Walmart is just a hop, skip and jump away from our home. Since the room where the Christmas tree was going this year has blue curtains, I thought it would be a little fun to color coordinate the tree. We picked up a 24 pack glittery balls for only $5.00



Walmart had these cute word ornaments for only $1.00 each in every imaginable color. Words like, Merry Christmas, Peace, Joy, and Hope. Considering the year we have had, I think these inspirational words were most fitting.



We also picked up a 12 pack of glitter trees, for only $2.00. This year it was more of a fill up the tree tastefully than try and find all the ornaments we once had.



I love pointsettias on my tree and Walmart has clip on pointsettias for only $1.00 each. Again in just about every imaginable color that you can think of.


Another great decoration for a tree are icicles. Walmart had these in packages of 24 for only $2.00 each.


So for less than $100.00 we created a great designer tree! Who says you need to spend a lot to decorate for the holidays? Granted they are not ornaments that have a great meaning, but I somehow have a feeling that when we are pulling these out in the years to come, we'll be saying... "Remember getting these at 10 o'clock at night at Walmart, the year we had the fire?"


And of course, Christmas wouldn't be complete without the stockings, that we picked up, yes at Walmart for only $6.00 each. Carefully hung with delight...on the front of my desk!


0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest