Find us on Google+ Does Vaseline Intensive Rescue Really Work? ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

January 15, 2011

Does Vaseline Intensive Rescue Really Work?



I was recently given the opportunity to try Vaseline's Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion. What I didn't know, was that they were also sending me a "Moisture Scanner". Curious, I tried this scanner on my arms before I applied the lotion. I was shocked to see that my moisture level was a lowly 19. (According to the directions, a normal moisture level is between 40 - 70.)

So I also quickly scanned other parts of my body that I thought may be dry, like my legs. I scored only slightly better at a 22, my hands, a 14, my elbows, a dismal 9.

I have tried many lotions in the past, and always ended up giving the lotion away to family members, as they all had the same effect. Greasy. I hate the feeling of lotion on my hands, and whenever I use lotion on my skin, I immediately head to the sink, and wash it off of my hands. I cannot possibly describe to you fully, just how much I hate the feeling of lotion on my hands.

With the weather as cold as it has been, I knew that I had dry skin, I just didn't realize how dry it really was. So with an open mind, I opened the bottle of Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion, and applied it to my legs, arms and hands. When I finished, I got up to go and wash my hands when I realized that I did not need to. No grease. Huh. Would you look at that. I was quite impressed with the true no grease formula.

I wanted to see what my "moisture level" was after applying the lotion, so I got out the scanner, and tried it out.


Okay it read 42. I wasn't too impressed at first as I was thinking that I would get this reading from pretty much any lotion that I would have used. I say this, because lotion pretty much sits on the skin, and would affect the scanner the same way. So I decided to take it a little further. I applied the lotion again later that night. I went to bed, thinking that when I tested my skin again in the morning, it would probably be a little higher, but nothing to be a major difference.

Needless to say, I woke up this morning, had my coffee, and once again, got out the moisture scanner. As I sat at my desk, testing my skin, I retested, and thought there might be something wrong with the scanner. I think I "retested" my skin a half dozen times, then grabbed my husband to test his skin, just to make sure the scanner was indeed working properly. Yep it was working just fine. I was utterly shocked.


My skin moisture level was reading 55! I didn't even apply the lotion today! I couldn't believe it. Okay, I am officially impressed. Impressed that in one day, Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Lotion, did just that. It "repaired" my dry skin. My skin feels soft, and best of all, it truly is NON-greasy. Kudos Vaseline, you have a new believer, and I have a new item to add to my stockpile list!

1 comments:

Anonymous January 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Wow. Really in one day? I have really dry and irratated skin, and have tried lots of different lotions. I guess im headed out later to go and buy a bottle of this! Thanks for this!

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest