Find us on Google+ Pondering the Weeks Ahead... ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

February 02, 2011

Pondering the Weeks Ahead...


So the Ground Hog didn't see his shadow this morning.  Personally I think he couldn't get out because of the snow, and they used a stuffed animal.   Today, here in RI, we are currently experiencing some rain, and freezing rain.  School has been cancelled, yet again, and here I sit at my desk looking out onto what was once our backyard, now looking a bit more like the frozen Tundra.  Personally it's this type of dreary, wet, and cold day that makes me extremely thankful for being able to work at home.

With the arrival of February, brings busy weekends and hectic days.  Our girls turn 13 on the 6th.  I will then be participating in a "Girls Night Out Blogging Event on the 8th, to which I am very excited about.  We will also be celebrating our 14 year Anniversary on Valentine's Day.  My wonderful In-Law's are taking the four of us to Disney on the 24th, again, something we are all very excited about.  My daughter will be placed into yet another cast for 4 - 6 weeks, before her knee surgery once we come back from Florida.  All the while still dealing with the insurance company and submitting receipts for items that we have replaced.  I am still working on my Must Have Fire Booklet, which is quickly turning into an actual book, "Everything You Need To Know, After You Have A House Fire."  Now coming, close to a year in the making. 

I am looking forward to Spring, and the festivities that come with warmer weather, the day trips we take, the building of the new deck that we have plans for, planting Spring flowers, and cooking out on the grill. I cant nearly smell those delicious burgers cooking now.   Looking forward to the things in my life, got me thinking this morning... I wonder what other people are looking forward to this year?  I know that much of this country has been hit pretty hard with snow and cold wintery weather, and many of us are sick of all this white stuff.  So, what are you looking forward to? 

0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest