Find us on Google+ When a Deal ~ Isn't a Deal ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

March 12, 2011

When a Deal ~ Isn't a Deal


I have noticed that in the last few days, a big coupon being passed around the blogosphere.  It's a Buy 1 Get 1 FREE coupon for Yankee Candle Company Candles.  Sure a Buy 1 Get 1 free coupon for Yankee Candles sounds like a great deal, but in all actuality, it's still going to cost you big bucks for a single large Yankee Candle Jar.  I think they are priced around $24.99. 

I think this price is absolutely ridiculous.  $25 for a candle?  Seriously? Okay so they make a great gift....  You are in fact only paying for the name. 

With this coupon, you would be able to get 2 Yankee Candle Jars for $25.  Here's a better deal...

Head on down to AC Moore, and purchase their Candle Jars, for 3/$10.00 when they are on sale, and they usually ARE on sale each week.  You'd be able to pick up 7 of these candle jars for the same price.  So they don't have as many scents as Yankee Candle does.  They have about 12 to 15 different scents at any given time.  And let me just say, if you have never purchased one of these candles from AC Moore, because you're just not sure if you would be able to smell the scent when it's burning?  When I burn these candles, the entire room smells of the scent that I am burning, infact, I think it has an even more powerful scent then the Yankee Candle Jars.  These are now the only candles that I buy. 

So if you really want to save your money - ditch the Yankee Candle coupon, and head down to AC Moore. 

1 comments:

Anonymous March 12, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

I agree that the Yankee Candle ones, are just so overpriced, and I have been buying the ones at AC Moore for years, and agree they smell much stronger. Thanks!

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest