Find us on Google+ 365 Tips to a Healthier, Happier, Better You ~ Day 3 ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

January 03, 2012

365 Tips to a Healthier, Happier, Better You ~ Day 3


De-Clutter Your Kitchen

Let's face it, the kitchen is the hub of every home.  We gather, we prepare, we chat, and we cook in the kitchen.  We spend a lot, and I mean a lot of time in the kitchen. 

I honestly think that there is a direct correlation between a cluttered kitchen and frequent dining out, or ordering in. 

 I hated being in my old kitchen.  I never use to meal plan when my kitchen was cluttered.  We had one section of counter that was a magnet for mail, junk, bags, everything.  When we re-designed our kitchen after our house fire, I made a conscience decision to not have magazine racks on the counter to store mail and magazines.  They always seemed to runneth-over, and they were always an eye sore. 

With this new kitchen, we added a large top drawer for all mail, and vital household information.  I have 1 - 5 pocket folder, that contains the monthly bills, outgoing mail, stamps, take-out menus, and contact information. 

With an uncluttered kitchen I have come to realize the following:

1. Meal planning has now become a family thing

2. Dining out is almost non-exsitant

3. We are making healthier food choices, and cooking more from scratch

4.  I cook more meals ahead of time for those days we are short on time

5. The kitchen tends to stay, in general, much cleaner, with a lot less effort

 

3 comments:

Jennifer January 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

Your kitcen is absolutely beautiful! I too would love to spend time in there.

Anonymous January 4, 2012 at 6:54 AM  

After going through the several piles of papers I had on my counter last night, I can't believe what a difference it really does make!

Cynthia Shannon January 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

Love your kitchen!

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest