Find us on Google+ Fire Update (2/28) ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

February 28, 2012

Fire Update (2/28)


As much as I would like to say that the days are getting easier, they're really not.  The loss of my dogs and cat is just so immense, and the sadness comes in waves at this point.  I know that it will get easier as time passes, however, time can't pass quick enough at this point. 


I guess if there is a silver lining here, it is that since the entire house is being gutted right down to studs, it may infact be put back together quicker than the first time, as there really isn't anything that is being cleaned.   There is still so much work that needs to be done, but the crews that have been here yesterday and today aren't fooling around, and are truly getting more work done that I would have ever imagined. 


Yesterday was a rather an emotional overwhelming day.  To see all of our contents, that we worked so hard on, in the full light of day in a dumpster, covered in soot, charred, and beyond repair was tiring, sad, and depressing.   It made me thankful that our daughters were not seeing it, and were in school. 


So demolition has begun.  The electrical investigators are due to come back this week, and we are looking for answers to why, and how this fire started.  I want to know why I do not have my boys here with us today.  I want answers, and don't want to settle for the words in a report that show "undetermined."  Not a second time. 

We are looking into some improvement ideas as to what we can do if this turns out to be an electronic item that was plugged in.  Though we are not sure if that's what this was.  At this point we are just pulling on straws. 


1 comments:

Adaptable Kay February 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM  

Oh wow...I can only imagine.
I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this a second time, but as you say, things will get better over time.

As the old saying goes, one day at a time.

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest