Find us on Google+ Friday Update on Fire (2/24) ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

February 24, 2012

Friday Update on Fire (2/24)


Today marks one week since our 2nd home fire, and it still feels like I haven't woken up from this nightmare.  To be here again is just completely unbelieveable, and to be here without 3 of our 4 - four legged children is the most painful. This is a photo of our sliding glass door going out onto the new deck that we spent last Spring building together. 


We can't help but to compare fire 1 with fire 2, and try to make sense of it all.  I know that fire moves quickly, but we were gone for, at the most 13 minutes.  The room where this started, is the same room that the first fire started nearly 2 years ago.  This room had been completely torn off the house and rebuilt.  The internal wiring looks good, and they have ruled that out.  There was much more flame damage than before, and I still can't comprehend that. 

 13 minutes. 

They still have no answers for us, as to why this happened.  We have heard that possibly some electronic device that may have been plugged in, but nothing that was definitive.  The only way I can describe the Sunroom, where it started, was it truly looks like a bomb exploded in there. 


I can't thank you all enough for the kind words, and condolences.  We are just trying to take everything moment by moment, and get a little normalcy back into our lives for our daughters.  Really I think it it wasn't for them, I would be a complete basket-case. 



2 comments:

Brandi February 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM  

Brandy - I just wanted to send you my condolences for your painful loss. Many people are thinking of and praying for you and your family and hoping the best for you.

I am a firefighter and although 13 minutes doesn't sound like alot, it's a long time for fire and it can totally destroy everything in its path...and quickly.

I'm going to continue to support you (and even more now) by clicking on a bunch of your links through your website. Hopefully that helps a little. All of your loyal readers and subscribers should do the same. It's the least we could do for you!! Best of luck!

Anonymous February 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM  

Oh,how awful for you ,I WATCHED AS YOU BUILT EVERYTHING NEW LAST YEAR AND IT ALL LOOKED SO NICE!i'M SURE YOU WILL COME THROUGH AGAIN ...AWWWUUGGGHH ,i JUST COULDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING !SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUE PETS TOO!kEEP ON TRUCKIN'!aMBER FROM TEXAS

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest