Find us on Google+ 106 Days After the Fire ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

June 01, 2012

106 Days After the Fire


February 17th, 2012.  The day that forever changed our lives.  We have discovered that, together, my husband, myself, and our girls are much stronger than we have ever thought, even though the loss is still very raw, and extremely difficult to talk about without crying, we are strong.

We are on day 106.  We have dealt with the insurance company, the insurance adjuster, the mortgage company and the contractor.  ( And really the only one I truly love dealing with is the contractor, Ron at C&L Builders has just been amazing.) 

We have had people ask us, as early as 3 weeks after the fire, if we were back in our house yet.  This always amazes me.  The look on my face when they ask, you would think that I was trying to do some 9 digit multiplication mental math problem in my head, like 485,539,429 times 274,395 is ???  I'm not really sure why people think that in three weeks you get your entire house rebuilt and furnished, but for some reason, they do.

The house had been demo'd down to studs...


We have ordered kitchen cabinets, which have been delivered, we have purchased lighting, furniture, tubs, toilets, vanities, appliances and mattresses. 

The plasterer's came in and did their thing, and now our house is looking very white


Did I mention, VERY white?



Today we will start to see some colors going on the walls!  I am very excited to see this.  To me, color is the sign that there is in fact a light at the end of the tunnel.  The guys are working very hard, trying to get the bedrooms and bathrooms finished so we can begin to move furniture in and decorate. 

So that's where we are right now.  Next week should really be exciting and rooms will really begin to be transformed!


1 comments:

Amanda B June 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM  

Absolutely love that you are still so positive after all you guys have been through. You're an inspiration to all. XOXO

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest