Find us on Google+ The Great Syrup Conspiracy ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

September 23, 2012

The Great Syrup Conspiracy

 
 
Hot.     Or.      Cold.
 
That is the question. 
 
I like it hot.  ( I like it this way so when I am pouring it on warm pancakes, waffles or french toast my food remains warm.)
 
My husband likes his cold.  ( I don't know why, he just does.)
 
Our girls are split... 1 likes it cold, 1 likes it warm.  Go figure.
 
 
 
It's a question that has interrupted our daily life on several occasions lately, and for my beloved family members, be fair warned now, this may, be a topic of conversation that makes it way around the dinner table this Thanksgiving. 
 
Now, you can say to just buy 2 bottles and keep one in the fridge, and one in the cabinet.  That's all well and good, and in fact, that's just what I do. 
 
However, there is the rare occasion that the one that "belongs" in the fridge somehow makes it's way to the cabinet, and is now known as and referred to as "The Great Syrup Conspiracy"  in our home.
 
So now, I would like to hear from all of you...
 
Hot.  or.  Cold.
 
Which do you prefer and why? 
 


5 comments:

Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM  

oh warm all the way! why on earth would you want to put something on your french toast to speed up the cooling process?

Joanne September 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM  

Cold! Nothing's better than cold syrup.

Amanda September 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

warm. def. no question about it.

Anonymous September 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM  

Um hello... COLD!

Anonymous March 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM  

I definitely prefer it either at room temp or hot, but some versions do need to live in the fridge. My problem comes when someone nukes the entire bottle, uses some and then puts it back in the fridge. You end up with crystalized goop around the neck and it starts to get grainy. Just pour some into a little cup or bowl and zap that amount, leaving the rest in the bottle!! Then again, half of our family loves fruit instead of syrup. To me, that's two different things. I'm all for fruit but I'll eat that first, then pour syrup ... [#TALU]

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest