Find us on Google+ Easy Peanut Butter & Jelly Donuts! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

March 09, 2014

Easy Peanut Butter & Jelly Donuts!

I am a lover of the Food Network Channel.  I love shows like Diners Drive-ins & Dives and "The best thing I ever Made"  Well the other day, as I was flipping through the channels while I had all of ten minutes to myself, I caught the show "The Best Thing I ever Ate" came on.  

It. Was. The. Sweets. Episode! 

Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I felt compelled to watch the show in its entirety.  It was my duty.  

That was when I saw this...

Peanut Butter & Jelly Donuts!

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are one of those foods that I often forget just how good they really are, that is, until I bite into one, and I am magically transported to a simpler time. A time were my biggest worry was who I was going to sit with at the lunch table.   

So after some thinking, I came up with my own little version that was incredibly easy to make.


In a deep frying pan, heat oil on low.  Open a package of Grands Biscuits.  Yes, You read that correctly, grands biscuits!  The trick is to cook these slowly, if you do this too quickly, you'll end up with a crunchy outside, and a still raw center.  

Once fried, and completely cooled, the next step is to get some jelly into the center of your donuts.  I used a pastry bag with a long tip and gently squeezed roughly 2 tablespoons of jelly into each one.  

Now for the peanut butter glaze.  I made mine a little on the thicker side, so there would be a descent amount of peanut butter on the top.  This glaze will harden when it sets, provided you make it on the thinner side.  

Here's what you'll need:

3 TBSP of Peanut butter, crunchy or creamy, your preference.
(4 TBSP if you want it thicker)
1 cup of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
6 TBSP milk ( I used Whole Milk)

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, (large enough to dip the tops of each donut.) until smooth.  Dip your donuts into the peanut butter mixture, and enjoy!

Warning:  These are incredibly delicious, and super easy to make.... Don't say I didn't warn you when you're making them on a weekly basis!


0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest