Find us on Google+ Big Shopping Day! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

May 25, 2009

Big Shopping Day!


We got all our errands accomplished today. I am so pleased with myself, and my girls. They usually will ask, "Are we done shopping yet?" but not today. They were such big helpers, and I really had a lot of fun with them today, even though we were just running around getting things we had to get.

Went to Borders Books, used my 40% one item coupon on the next book in the Night World series for the girls, total cost: $6.40.

Went to Old Navy to buy the girls some Summer clothes, used my $10.00 off of $50.00 coupon, total cost: $40.00 even!

Went to Target to get a few pair of shorts for the girls since they were on sale for only $3.00 a pair, and ended up scoring some Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion on Clearance for $1.08 each, used 2 $1.00/1 coupons, total cost at Target: $6.27.

Went to CVS bought 2 Cottonelle 12 pack bath tissues, Revlon Nail Polish, Playtex Feminine Products, Colgate toothpaste, 2 thermacare heat wraps, and 2 packs of Band Aid Brand bandages. I made three separate transactions, and ended up spending a total OOP of $7.37. Plus I ended up with $7.00 in ECBs to use next week.

Then was the grocery trip to Stop and Shop. I hadn't really done a shopping trip for about 2 months now. It has usually just been to get the sale items, and little things that were needed, like lunch meats, milk, etc. But I received some really good coupons for both Shaws and Stop & Shop in the mail this week, so I decided it would be a good time to do a little stock up shopping.

I spent a total of $243.98 before coupons.

I can't list everything I bought, as I will be typing well into the night. However, you can tell from the picture above, we had a lot of things!

I had a 5% off your total order from Stop & Shop home mailer, I used this coupon first to get the biggest dollar amount off.
I also used a $5.00 off your purchase of $40.00 or more from Shaws home mailer.
I had 3 FREE Kashi frozen dinner coupons, 4 BOGO FREE Soft Scrub coupons, and 2 BOGO FREE coupons for Mr Clean with Febreeze cleaners. (These were the big item coupons)

I used a total of 55 coupons for everything I bought, and finally didn't feel bad for the person waiting behind me! I could see that she was getting aggravated, because I had so many coupons to scan, I felt like telling her, to pick another check out lane, but I didn't I just smiled nicely at her, even though the look of disgust on her face was evident.

Total spent after all coupons: (insert drum roll here) $71.09!

I saved over $172.00! Woo Hoo!!!

I can't wait to show my husband this receipt! He worked last night, so he is sleeping right now, maybe I will go wake him up for this!

0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest