Find us on Google+ Pumpkin Smoothies! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothies!


I had this super great smoothie last week when I was asked to attend a Shaw's Fall Sampling Event.  Now let me just first say that during the months of September through November December, if it's at all possible, I could very well turn into a pumpkin. 

My downfall... The Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Iced Coffee.  It's a drug...  one where I will actually leave the house, just for the iced coffee. 

It's.  Been.  9.  Days.

Since I last visited my Dunkin Donuts. 

I was introduced to this incredible Pumpkin Smoothie by Jennifer Shea, the Registered Dietitian for Shaw's.  I think I had three of these sweet treats while at the event.  Needless to say, I have been preparing a blender (or two) every day since then.   So I thought I would share the recipe:

Cinnamon Pumpkin Smoothie

6 ounces Honey Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Canned Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 - 2 Tablespoon Honey
4 Ice Cubes
( I have also added Silk Milk to thin it out a little.)

Directions:  Place all ingredients in to blender, and puree until smooth.






4 comments:

Anonymous October 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

That looks so good! I may just have to try that too.

Anonymous October 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

Thanks for sharing. I'm all out of canned pumpkin. Will be making this on the weekend.

Lidia October 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

I made this last night! Oh it was SOOOO good! Can't wait to share it with everyone on Thanksgiving! Thanks!

Diane October 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

These WERE mighty tasty - and so much better for you than the DD counterpart :)

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest