Find us on Google+ To My Readers... ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

June 16, 2010

To My Readers...


I will have limited access to the Internet tomorrow.  WE ARE MOVING BACK INTO OUR HOUSE!!!!  Now our house is NO where near ready, however, we are able to move into the basement and make due with air mattresses, a shower, a bathroom sink, a fridge, and small cooking appliances.  The warmer weather is here, so we will be able to use our grill for some dinners.  Three months is a very long time to be separated from the dogs, the cat, our girls have been spending most of their time with grandparents.  It is just plain exhausting traveling back and forth, and we all just want to be back into our house!   the biggest burden we see happening will be washing dishes.  So I will also be heading out to purchase paper and plastic items at least for now.  I need to focus more on convenience instead of frugal, at least for the next several months, until the kitchen has been completed.  Oh how I cannot wait for the construction to finally start on my house. 

I seem to have developed a sort of phobia being away from the house.  I want to stay in my house, I can actually feel my chest tighten every time I leave.  I walk around making sure everything is unplugged, off, cool, etc.  I guess it is par for the course.  I am still working on the fire checklist for everyone, but it is taking a bit longer than anticipated.  There is so much information that just isn't out there that I want to make sure I have it all written down even if it just helps just one person. 

Tomorrow we are having the belongings that have been cleaned dropped off at our house, having a different cable company installing TV and Internet, unpacking the items from the hotel, getting settled in etc. 

My Store deals for Stop & Shop will be up by tomorrow night.  I have started them, but it's getting late, and I am exhausted from all the events from today, and getting everything ready for tomorrow.  Thank you all for all your patience!  I'll be back up and running Thursday Night fingers crossed! 

2 comments:

Anonymous June 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

So happy for you! There's nothing like your own home...no matter what shape it's in. You'll get it done, it will just take time. Just remember to take care of yourself also..the "house work" will be there, so when you need to take it a little slower now & then, don't feel bad about it. It WILL get done!! Lynn

Adaptable Kay June 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

How wonderful that you guys get to go back! That's such great news :D
I'm glad that you are just making the most of what you got-Honestly, sometimes that's what we, as people, need to do more of because we lose track of reality with all the go, go, go and we don't stop to just be.
Enjoy being back in your house and don't worry about us; we'll be here when you're ready :D

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest