Find us on Google+ Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs ~ Every Time! ~ Brandy's Big Bargains

August 24, 2012

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs ~ Every Time!

I'm one of those cooks that can prepare a fantastic gourmet meal, but when it comes to ordinary things like hard boiled eggs, well, I leave that up to my husband!  My egg's would always come out a little gray on the outer edges of the yolks, or a little bit soft in the center.  His hard boiled eggs, on the other hand...  are perfect every time!  Here's how he does it:

 
Place eggs into pan, fill pan 1 inch above eggs with cool water. Leave uncovered.
 
Heat until the water comes to a fast boil.
 
Take eggs off of burner, cover pan, and let eggs sit in hot water for 18 minutes.
*Watch your time carefully, it is exactly 18 minutes!*
 
Once 18 minutes is up, strain water, and rinse with cold water 3 times.
 
Peel and enjoy the perfect hard boiled egg! 
 
 
Notice, I am not the greatest when it comes to peeling eggs either!  The husband has banned me from peeling any more eggs! 
 
 

0 comments:

Subscribe, Follow, and Find Me Here

email RSS feeds Twitter Facebook yelp pinterest